You will find here:
- A page with links to varied general digital resources for the study of Baroque music and culture, updated regularly
- Baroque Blog: News in the World of Baroque Music
Each chapter provides:
- A list of supplementary readings (with Worldcat links) and a downloadable (pdf) study guide for each chapter
- Digital resources relevant to the works and topics under discussion
- Links to color images art works
- Youtube videos for the musical examples in the chapters and anthology, as available. (Youtube videos subject to change).
- The Norton Study Space provides links to Further Readings for each chapter of the book, along with links to Suggested Recordings (available on ITunes, Naxos, Amazon, and also WorldCat links) for pieces discussed in the Anthology.
- See also relevant readings in Strunk’s Source Readings in Music History: The Baroque Era, edited by Margaret Murata (New York: Norton, 1998), cited in the text.
This site is currently under construction. Please use the form below to send comments, suggestions, or corrections. Thanks!